Monday 22 November 2010

The Light Task

We were set a task to take pictures of an object at different times of the day, morning, midday, tea time and a night shot. I took a favourite tree.

Morning 
                                                                      Home Fingers
                                                     shutter 1/500 aperture 11.0 iso 400

I took this picture  at 8.40am on a  sunny day.

                  
                                                                           Midday                        
                                                        shutter 1/400 aperture10.0 iso 200


                                                                            Night 
                                                          shutter 2"5 aperture 4.0 iso 320
                                                                    (slow shutter)

The night shots were taken at 7.00pm in November.  I do not have a flash on my camera.  Light is coming from a street lamp from the left behind the hedge. I could see the moon in the sky behind me so decided to take the shot again, from the other side of the hedge to include the moon. I am wondering if it played some part  in the lighting set up? And there appears to be a UFO in the frame?

                                                                            Night    
                                                          shutter 2" aperture 4.0 iso 3200
                                                                     (slow shutter)

This is the shot from the other side of the hedge, with the moon showing and a small planet. I like the scene from this angle.  The lamp light now comes from the right and the image is more lit up. The tree  makes me think of 'ET's' finger. It is one that has been cut back, but retained for a reason.

What Went Wrong:-

I forgot to take the tea time shot and it was dark before I knew it. I will come back with one this same month, but it will be a different day.....I am waiting for a sunny one.

What Went Right:-

I like the night scenes improvising with different light to light up the subject.

What I learned:-
The camera chose slow shutter speeds for the night shots (2 and 2.5 seconds) and as I had not used a tripod for these, the details were not as clear as those taken with faster shutter speeds (morning and midday).


                                                                          Tea Time
                                                       shutter 1/30 aperture 4.0 iso 3200

I took this at 4.30 in the afternoon when daylight was fading and the street lamp had already come on (the other side of the hedge from the left). The sun also sets from the left.  I can see that the brightest, clearest image of them all is the one taken at midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment