Wednesday 13 October 2010

Photo Shop - Manipulation 1

We were set a task to choose an image to use in Photoshop and experiment with different controls which gave the scene a different look and feel. The controls used were: Black and white, hue/saturation, desaturate and channel mixer. I chose a photograph of a sunset that I had taken on holiday prior to starting the course, using a Nikon Coolpix compact camera. It is not a manual camera and so I am unable to quote any settings.

                            First changing the image to black and white then using the channel mixer:  I increased red to +105, green to +17, and turned the blues down to -33%



Here I  changed the hues. The controls are on slider scales that you move up and down and as you do you immediately see the effect it has on the image



This is where I changed it to Black and White


This shot shows where I have painted colour onto a section of cloud.

Here shows the scene in half colour and half black and white.

Here show saturation increases to hue +29%.

and this is my original picture, untouched.

No comments:

Post a Comment